Director of Ignite Emporia
Would you like to be a part of the Leading Voice of Emporia’s Business Community? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? The Director of Ignite Emporia offers the opportunity to be fully engaged in making a difference in the Emporia region.
Over the past year, the Emporia Area Chamber has been working with its members to develop a five-year strategic plan.
Ignite Emporia is an aggressive initiative designed to create jobs, retain and expand current business and industries, ensure the readiness of our workforce and grow housing. Advocacy and drive against these objectives necessitates an inaugural job opportunity.
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate implementing the five-year Ignite Emporia strategic plan in its strategies of workforce development, housing development and revitalization, business retention and community development and marketing. Accountability over public relations and project management between the Ignite Advisory Council and the Chamber Board of Directors is the leading objective.
Candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Deliver measurable communication and sales outreach with the business community, local school districts and governmental agencies.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and community partners, giving attention to details and quality of work produced.
- Fundraising and grant writing knowledge.
- Proven record in relationship building. Being able to listen, understand and communicate the needs of our partners.
- Strong computer skills including, Word, Excel and CRM software.
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation.
Preference will be given to candidates who have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or a related field. Accomplishments in direct sales, community promotion and public relations is a plus.
The Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce offers a competitive compensation package including, but not limited to, base salary and benefits such as, health insurance, 401k, mileage reimbursement and vacation time.
The Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit 501 c(6) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Please send confidential resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. CST on December 4, 2019 to:
Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce
Emporia, KS 66801
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.