Do you have a stellar photo highlighting Emporia area landscapes or people? Submit your work in the 2021 inaugural “Live, Work, & Play” photo contest hosted by the Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber produces a yearly Relocation Guide magazine, which is a primary marketing tool for introducing the world to our wonderful community of Emporia, Kansas. Thousands of Relocation Guides are disseminated to businesses, organizations, and individuals throughout the country (and beyond!).
The “Live, Work, & Play” photo contest showcases Emporia scenes and citizens through the lenses of both amateur and professional photographers. Participate and show us what makes you love to LIVE, WORK, & PLAY in our community!
The winning photo will be featured on the front cover of the 2022 Emporia Relocation Guide.
Participants whose images are selected for a second place, third place, or honorable mention award will have their winning imagery featured inside the 2022 Emporia Relocation Guide.
Deadline for submitting to the contest is October 8, 2021, by 11:59 p.m.
- Participants may enter a maximum of three (3) photos.
- Each photo is judged on creativity, composition, subject matter, lighting, and overall sharpness.
- The contest is open to both residents and non-residents of Kansas. There is no age limit.
- Photos must be the participant’s original work, and must be taken in the Emporia area.
- A signed and dated photo release form must accompany each photo submitted.
Photos must be:
- For portrait orientation, 8×10 inches at 300 resolution or more.
- For landscape orientation, at least 10 inches high at 300 resolution or more, and able to be cropped at the sides to fit into a portrait without losing important information in the photo.
- Panoramic photos will not be accepted.
Visit https://emporiakschamber.org/relocation-guide to peruse the 2021 Relocation Guide.
Email up to three photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by the contest deadline of October 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
We will confirm receipt of photos via return email, and will include the photo release form in that email. The signed and dated photo release form must be returned in order for photos to be considered for the contest.
Winners will be notified on or about December 15, 2021.