Member Code of Conduct
MISSION: To be proactive in creating an environment for business and community success
As a Member of the Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and that a membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that all members understand and commit to the following code of conduct. The code of conduct shall, without limitation, require members and all participants of Chamber-sponsored programs to:
- Abide by the Bylaws of the Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce and Rules of Operation for any applicable programs of the Chamber. The Bylaws serve as the governing document for all programs and will supersede all other documents.
- Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning or engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon the business community and fellow Chamber members.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce, and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the Vision and Mission of the Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce and cooperate with fellow members in the application of this Code of Conduct.
- Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber, and promote the enhancement of business growth within the Emporia area.
- Observe the highest standards of ethics in rendering services and/or offering products for sale, based on the members’ own knowledge and expertise.
- Refrain from engaging in any practices prohibited by law or seeking unfair advantage over fellow members and conform to all laws established by Municipal, State and Federal governments for the control of said business, where applicable.
- Present a true presentation in all advertising. Goods and services shall be advertised in accordance with all Municipal, State and Federal legislation.
- Respect the role of the Chamber staff.
I/we also understand that the failure to adhere to the professional and personal obligations of the Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce, as outlined above, and defined in the Chamber Bylaws, can result in the termination of my/our membership