Emporia Community Christmas Parade
November 30, 2021
~~43rd Annual Parade Theme~~
Cheer Up, Dude! It’s a Grinch Christmas!
Parade Entry Guidelines
All parade participants are asked to observe the following guidelines, and supply information as requested to assist the Parade and Dedication Committee in proper planning of the event. The ceremony and parade are religious as well as festive in nature, and entrants are reminded to become knowledgeable about these guidelines for the safety and concerns of all involved.
- Only one Santa Claus is allowed in the Parade. The Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce arranges for Santa’s appearance. *No artificial Santas or false representatives of any kind are allowed.
- NO candy, prizes, or items of any kind may be distributed during the event.
- All Parade participants must comply with current traffic laws and regulations. For everyone’s safety, we ask all motorized vehicles to refrain from excessive acceleration, wheelies, burnouts, etc. The Parade is for the community’s enjoyment – please be considerate.
- All entries must have a Christmas theme or greeting.
- Participants who want their entry to be judged for special awards (Parade Marshal’s, Chamber’s, etc.) must have their float assembled and in line in their designated location by 5:45 p.m.
- For identification purposes, all Parade entrants shall display an 8 1/2 x 11‑inch sign bearing their entry name in black marker.
- City of Emporia Parade guidelines require entries with livestock (dogs, horses, etc.) to provide their own street cleanup.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages or consumption of alcohol is permitted during the Parade. Any participant judged to be in possession of, or under the influence of, alcohol or any other substance, shall be asked to leave and subject to removal if not done.
ENTRY DEADLINE — NOVEMBER 12, 2021
All completed forms must be submitted online or delivered to the Chamber office, 719 Commercial Street, by 5:00 p.m.
Questions? Call (620) 342‑1600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.