Would you like to be a part of the Leading Voice of Emporia’s Business Community? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? The Director of Ignite Emporia position offers you the opportunity to be fully engaged in making a difference in the Emporia region.
Ignite Emporia is an aggressive initiative designed to create jobs, retain and expand current businesses and industries, ensure the readiness of our workforce, and grow our workforce housing.
This is a full-time position, with the successful candidate implementing the five-year Ignite Emporia strategic plan and its initiatives of workforce development, housing development and revitalization, business retention, and community development and marketing.
Candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Daily communication and sales outreach between the business community, local school districts, and governmental agencies.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with staff and community partners, giving attention to detail and quality of work produced.
- Fundraising and grant writing knowledge.
- Proven record in relationship building; ability to listen, understand, and communicate the needs of our partners.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and CRM software.
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation.
Preference will be given to candidates who have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or a related field. Accomplishments in direct sales, community promotion, and public relations is a plus.
The Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce offers a competitive compensation package including, but not limited to, a base salary and benefits, such as health insurance, 401k plan, mileage reimbursement, and vacation time.
The Emporia Area Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit 501(c)(6) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
For more information about the Ignite Emporia Director position, or to apply, please contact Jeanine McKenna at 620-208-5115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.