New Business Contacts
We provide many opportunities for you to get yourself – and your business – in front of more people in our community.
- Ribbon Cuttings
- Business After Hours and Business Before Hours Events
- Annual Christmas Parade
- Chamber Annual Meeting
- Frequent email reminders about opportunities to network
Every day, our office receives many requests for referrals for all types of area businesses and services. In 2018 we filled over 190 relocation inquiries.
We are your Chamber, and we work on your behalf on Legislative issues important you your community.
- Dialogues are a series of community political forums organized each year by the Chamber’s Government Matters Committee and the League of Women Voters. All Dialogues are free to attend. This series of forums provide a great opportunity for the public to voice their concerns and ideas to their elected officials.
Publicity and Exposure
We have many avenues to assist you in getting the recognition you need for your business.
- Biweekly Chamber Updates emails
- Recognition when your business sponsors a Chamber event
- Printed Relocation Magazine advertising
- Press releases
- Social Media
The Chamber works closely with the Regional Development Association of East Central Kansas, the lead economic development organization on the Emporia Area. The chamber provides community tours to businesses who are recruiting new employees. We promote shopping locally through various programs such as the Shop Emporia Gift Certificate program.
Small Business Development
The Chamber offers assistance and training to help small business in the area grow.
- Connections with Kansas Small Business Development Center, Emporia State University and Flint Hills Technical College
- ValuNet FIBER Smart Room rental for professional meetings, with all-fiber internet and cutting edge technology
As a chamber member, your business in included in the Member Directory on our web site.
Business and Management Assistance
The Chamber can help member businesses of all sizes in developing leaders within their companies.
- Leadership Emporia Training
- Personalized training to fit your business needs
- Facilitation Services
Shop Emporia Gift Certificate Program
This Chamber program aims to assist participation businesses by keeping the shopping dollars in this area. Over $70,930 of Shop Emporia Gift Certificates were sold in 2018.
Receive a call from an Ambassador introducing themselves to you and welcoming you to the Chamber. They will invite you to upcoming events and answer any questions you may have. The Chamber can be a presence for your grand opening, groundbreakings, new locations, and/or new management. Your Ambassador can help you schedule a Ribbon Cutting.